VOLUNTEER TO HELP US! - Sign-ups start November 1
An event this size takes lots of hard work. You can take a few hours and join thousands of others in making
this a wonderful, fun celebration. We assign people to specific jobs at specific times so you can schedule your day.
If you'd like to help, decide whether you'd like to work early or late, or Wednesday evening. Look at the jobs below
and see if you have a preference, then sign up. Please note: We consider your sign up a commitment. Be sure you'll be
able to honor your commitment before you sign up. Note your shift time in your calendar.
Otherwise we 'll have a vacant shift.
PRE-EVENT PLANNING MEETINGS
If you’d like to be more involved in the planning, starting September we have bi-weekly meetings
in Mar Vista on Sunday afternoons @ 2:00pm. Interested? email us for details.
WEDNESDAY - 8am - 5pm
- Kitchen Prep - 8am-6pm - Setup, organize and kitchen prep before the big day, Thursday
- Setup & Decorate - 6pm-8pm - help setup tables, chairs, decorations, etc. for the festivities
THANKSGIVING DAY - starting at 6am
- Beverage Server - Serve beverages to our guests
- Bottle Washer - Dishwashing in the kitchen
- Children's Carnival Set Up - Help prepare/setup front lawn for carnival
- Children's Carnival - Assist children in games and activities on front lawn
- Christmas Cards - Help guests waiting in line send a greeting card to someone
- Clothing - Organize, sort, shop, help guests find what they need. Ages 7+
- Coffee/Outside Servers - Make coffee. Serve coffee, beverages & nosh to guests waiting in line outside. Ages 7+
- Cooks - If you can't stand the heat…
- Decoration - Help decorate and setup for Thanksgiving festivities. Ages 7+
- Hat Check - Store guests' belongings while they are having dinner
- Hosts - Greet and seat guests as they enter Civic Center to have dinner. Spanish helpful. Ages 16+
- Hygiene Kits - Create and pass out hygiene kits
- Kitchen Runners - Carry turkeys, pies, & donations from curb to kitchen. Can you carry a turkey?
- Pantry Cooks - Dry goods & salad preparation in kitchen
- Pie Servers - Serve pies to guests - especially good for children. Ages 7+
- Recycling/Bussers - Clear tables and organize recycling station
- Security - Keep order and peace
- Servers - Dish up food for waiters to deliver. Ages 16+
- Spanish Speakers - English/Spanish Translation. Medical vocabulary especially helpful
- Hair Stylists - You DO NOT need to be licensed. Bring your tools.
- Thank You's Team - Address & decorate thank you cards. Ages 7+
- Turkey Carvers - Slice turkey for serving
- Volunteer Check-in - Greet, Sign-in & volunteers in for their shift upon arrival.
Good people skills and patience is helpful
- Waiters - Deliver food plates to guests. Ages 16+
- Basement Brigade - Pack up & Store equipment in the basement. Be a TRUE saint
of Thanksgiving. Help us load up!
- Post Kitchen Production - Organize, sort, count, pack up the tools & equipment
- Post Production - Sort and store equipment, distribute leftovers, load trucks, take down decorations. Ages 7+