DONATE FOOD, CLOTHING OR MONEY!
We depend on your help and generosity to serve thousands of people on Thanksgiving.
Please contribute – and of course come to dinner.
We're a community celebration. We rely on you for every item. If your group isn't collecting ahead of time,
bring non-perishable food and other donations Wednesday evening to the Civic. Why not have your group start a food drive early to collect food?
Naturally we need money to help defray production costs. You can donate online or send a check to VCF Westside.
Be sure to put Thanksgiving Celebration in the memo line. Mail to:
Westside Thanksgiving Dinner, 1221 2nd Street, 4th Floor, Santa Monica, CA 90401,
or bring it to the Civic.
WHAT WE NEED!
- 1000 Boxes of Stovetop stuffing
(turkey or chicken flavored)
- 250 Boxes of instant mashed potatoes
- 200 Large cans of green beans
- 240 Large cans of cranberry sauce
- 200 Large cans of turkey gravy
- 200 Pounds of coffee
- 350 Gallons of bottled water
- 500 Juice boxes for kids
- 300 cooked UNSTUFFED turkeys - For health reasons it is important that you follow the recipe carefully,
and bring the UNSTUFFED turkeys piping hot between 8am - 10am Thanksgiving [recipe here]
- 600 pumpkin pies - Buy one or bake one, but don't bring it frozen. Deliver pies to Civic at 8-10am on Thursday.
We also need supplies of:
- 9000 coffee/beverage cups (6 oz or 10 oz)
- 6000 dinner napkins
- 5000 sturdy paper dinner plates
- 5000 paper dessert plates
Clothing & Misc.
- Clothing of all kinds, in new or good
- Men's pants and socks, the more the better!
- 350 medium-sized stuffed animals in
new or mint condition
- Hygiene items: shampoo, tooth brushes, toothpaste, combs, deodorant, and socks